[Snort-users] snort error reading tcpdump openbsd

Oliver Bode oliver at ...6319...
Sun Jul 14 07:39:05 EDT 2002

I've managed to successfully install snort-1.8.7 on openbsd 3.1 with mysql
by using ./configure --with-mysql=/usr/local

But now I get another error when wanting to read my pflog into mysql using
snort:

# /usr/local/bin/snort -d -r /var/log/pflog
Log directory = /var/log/snort
TCPDUMP file reading mode.
Reading network traffic from "/var/log/pflog" file.
snaplen = 96
ERROR: OpenPcap() FSM compilation failed:
        unknown data link type 17
PCAP command: (null)
Fatal Error, Quitting..

Here's that unknown data link type 17 error again. Does anyone know what's
going on?