[Snort-users] can't archive alerts in acid

James Kelly macubergeek at ...5068...
Sat Jul 13 12:36:02 EDT 2002

Well on Aidan's instructions I modified this part of acid_conf.php to
read as follows:
$alert_dbname   = "snort";
$alert_host     = "localhost";
$alert_port     = "3306";
$alert_user     = "snort";
$alert_password = "entropy1_snort";

**The above part seems to work fine. But I'm guessing the below part
needs to be modified:
/* Archive DB connection parameters */
$archive_dbname   = "snort_archive";
$archive_host     = "localhost";
$archive_port     = "";
$archive_user     = "root";
$archive_password = "mypassword";

Now I didn't create a database named snort_archive....how do I add this
database? I'm a total newbie when it comes to mySQL
I guess I can use the same port 3306 as in the alert...I will want to
use the same database user snort as archive_user and use a password of
say "entropy1_archive"

Ok with your help...I think if I correctly modify the second entry above
and create the new database in mySQL all should be ok...Can you advise
me on that?