[Snort-users] can't archive alerts in acid

James Kelly macubergeek at ...5068...
Fri Jul 12 13:33:04 EDT 2002

Hi
I followed the instructions in Aidan Carty's pdf
everything installed fine
everything launches
I just have a wee problem with acid.

at the acid console I select a bunch of alerts and go to the bottom and
do
archive alerts (copy) move Selected
but I get this error:

------------------error message----------------------------
Added 0 alert(s) to the Alert cache

Warning: Access denied for user: 'root at ...274...' (Using password: YES)
in /usr/local/apache/htdocs/adodb/adodb-mysql.inc.php on line 105

Warning: MySQL Connection Failed: Access denied for user:
'root at ...274...' (Using password: YES) in
/usr/local/apache/htdocs/adodb/adodb-mysql.inc.php on line 105

Error connecting to DB : snort_archive at ...274...

Check the DB connection variables in acid_conf.php

                = $alert_dbname   : MySQL database name where the alerts
are stored
                = $alert_host     : host where the database is stored
                = $alert_port     : port where the database is stored
                = $alert_user     : username into the database
                = $alert_password : password for the username

--------------my question

is this something I gotta fix and if so how?

note to list admin...I'm subscribed under james.kelly at ...6312... I can't
seem to change that to this email address....encryption error on web
page.