[Snort-users] Acid and Mysql with Snort

Hall, Duane Duane.Hall at ...4888...
Thu Jul 11 14:36:10 EDT 2002

I have a speed issue with ACID.  To give a little background:  I was using snort to capture packets for the Internet team to help diagnose an issue.  The only problem is they started stress testing without telling me.  So between 8:00am and lunch, snort and Mysql logged about 2.5 million of these packets.  I am proud to say it didn't loose a single packet.  Now my problem.  Mysql and ACID are slow.  It takes upwards of 2 - 5 minutes to run a query.  Are there any performance tuning scripts available for Mysql and the snort database. For now these logged packets aren't needed, so I am removing them from the database.  My question is what If the database ever has this issue again.

Duane

Duane Hall
Security Administrator
Hastings Entertainment