[Snort-users] Multiple Snort Sensors HOWTO

Andrea Barisani lcars at ...96...
Thu Jul 11 08:02:07 EDT 2002

Hi to all!

I've just put a simple HOWTO regarding Multiple Snort Sensors at
http://www.infis.univ.trieste.it/~lcars/ids.

The document is VERY very simple (I've completed it in one hour) and
it is intended as a start for further discussion, every contribution
is welcome and the document is entirely open.

I have covered manual configuration of snort sensors controlled by a
management server.

Hope that you'll find some good ideas.

Let me know what you think :)

Bye

P.S.
Is there anyone who has ever think about automating something like this
in order to create a master+sensor distribution project, maybe a huge Gentoo
ebuild :)...just wondering.

INFIS Network Administrator & Security Officer         .*.
Department of Physics       - University of Trieste    /V\
lcars at ...96... - PGP Key 0x8E21FE82      (/ \)