[Snort-users] snort.conf & commandline.

John Sage jsage at ...2022...
Wed Jul 10 17:44:01 EDT 2002

On Wed, Jul 10, 2002 at 04:24:24PM -0300, Sergio Aldo Casas wrote:

>  SOMEONE HAVE IS THERE THE MANUAL THE INSTALATION OF SNORT, AND WHAT VERSION THE SNORT IS RECOMENDADED  FOR INSTALL IN RED HAT 7.2 OR 7.1 WHICH PROPOSIT THE RUNNING IN FIREWALL?.
>
> REGARDS
>
> SERGIO CASAS

Sergio:

The current snort version is 1.8.7; see:

http://www.snort.org/dl/

For documentation, see:

http://www.snort.org/docs/

The current online FAQ is at:

http://www.snort.org/docs/faq.html

The manual (SnortUsersManual.pdf) and the various README.* files will
be located in the directory you unpack the snort-1.8.7.tar.gz file
into..

PS: In the future, you might want to post your questions individually,
rather than as a reply to an existing thread. You're less likely to be
ignored that way.

- John
--
"Obviously, we do not want to leave zombies around."