[Snort-users] Attention: Win32 Users - Snort 1.8.7 "STABLE RELEASE" Binaries Available

Rich Adamson radamson at ...2127...
Wed Jul 10 10:32:03 EDT 2002

Michael,

> Ok, I removed it. There was a lot of confusion on those last two
> updates.
>
> Regarding the error, can you please report the error to the developers
> list?

Okay.

> We have stream 4 operational with MySQL logging. What are you using in
> your Snort.conf file for Stream 4?

Nothing. preprocessor frag2 is included (all snort.conf entries are the
default values included in the Stable zipped file with the exceptions
of Home_Net and External_Net).

> What do you mean "will gpf at selected intervals"?

The machine will either reboot, or, lock up to the point of having to
use the power switch. It happens at irregular intervals causing me to
believe the issue relates to external_net alerts. Today, it ran for
about 5 minutes once, 30 minutes, 10 minutes, etc, before freezing.
No visual indication as to what might have happened.

> Can this be reproduce?

Yes, but just have to wait for it to occur. Haven't found anything that
I can do to cause it as yet. I'll try combinations later today to see
if the issue is sensitive to some parameter, etc. (I could load up the
source and run it in debug mode, but I'm not a proficient C programmer
to know for sure what I'm doing.)

Rich