[Snort-users] Snort behaviour graphic.

Emilio Mira emial at ...4389...
Wed Jul 10 05:10:07 EDT 2002

Hi all,

I've been doing tests with Snort and I got the graphic attached. We can
see traffic received in packets per second with blue line, Snort droped
pps with green line and Snort total VM size in kilobytes. X axe represents
time in hours (a little more than one week).

First, why droped packets are so different in between days with similar
traffic? (I get droped packets with a script that compares received
packets from the interface with Snort processed packets, from kill -USR1).

Second, why Snort vsize is like this?. I thought it bears relation to
traffic received, but it doesn't.

Thanks.

--
Emilio Mira