[Snort-users] Snort 1.8.7

Chris Green cmg at ...1935...
Tue Jul 9 19:46:02 EDT 2002

Florin Andrei <florin at ...3506...> writes:

> On Mon, 2002-07-08 at 13:13, Chris Green wrote:
>> The snort.org release time is proud to annouce that Snort 1.8.7 is
>> finally available.  The main purpose of this release is a stable
>> target with many fragroute and tcp connection oriented fixes.  This is
>> also the last release of the 1.8.7 line and signals the start of the
>> beta cycle for the 1.9 branch.
>
> Can you add a ChangeLog link to www.snort.org, please? I guess it should
> be placed somewhere in the Docs page.
> Also, the URL of the on-line ChangeLog is a nice thing to include in
> these announcements. ;-)

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/snort/snort/ChangeLog?rev=HEAD&only_with_tag=SNORT_1_8&content-type=text/plain

We'll see what we can do about putting that online with each
version.

> ChangeLogs are good! :-D

They are.  Thats why I started making us keep them with every change
we made save for the signatures ( which perhaps should have their own
change log )
--
Chris Green <cmg at ...1935...>
A watched process never cores.