[Snort-users] spp_stream4

Joe McAlerney joey at ...47...
Tue Jul 9 14:37:12 EDT 2002

Yeah, Snort detects the packet being sent to the web proxy has a
different checksum than the one being sent from the web proxy.
Fragrouted traffic from a single source can look like this.  Snort's
saying "Ah ha! you have already sent this packet, and the one your are
sending again is different!"  You can look into the fragroute docs for
information on why this is fun.

So to turn this off you can add the "disable_evasion_alerts" argument to
the stream4 preprocessor.

preprocessor stream4: detect_scans, disable_evasion_alerts

Hope this helps,

-Joe M.

--
Joe McAlerney