[Snort-users] snort performance vs traffic

Tim Prendergast tprendergast at ...5899...
Tue Jul 9 07:26:06 EDT 2002

All,

Curious to see what you are running in comparison to my config, because
my snort is running out of memory and dying every day during the busy
hours.

We're pushing like 4 T-1's worth of traffic coming in from the net, not
to mention the traffic from our internal machines across the 100mb
switch I am snorting. It's on a box with a 500mhz PIII and 256mb of
memory. Am I way under-arming this machine for this task?

Regards,
Tim Prendergast
Manager, Web Administration
ReserveAmerica, Inc