[Snort-users] Errors that don't cause problems / Problems without error message

Chris Green cmg at ...1935...
Tue Jul 9 05:09:07 EDT 2002

kai.hanisch at ...2897... writes:

> Hi there,
>
> I have snort 1.8.6 running on debian woody with 2.4.19pre9, and snort is
> behaving strange. In syslog it says:
>
>>FATAL ERROR: ERROR: Unable to open rules file:$PATH/snort.conf or
> $PATH//$PATH/snort.conf

Are you running this process chrooted? sounds like you are hupping
it.  Going to have to make that work again and probably revert to
ancient semantics for config files..

--
Chris Green <cmg at ...1935...>
A good pun is its own reword.