[Snort-users] Snort: RedHat 7.2

Erek Adams erek at ...577...
Mon Jul 8 08:50:10 EDT 2002

On Mon, 8 Jul 2002, Brian Ertel wrote:

> Can anyone recommend a body of documentation that
> describes in detail the installation of Snort on a RedHat
> 7.2 format?

First follow the install instructions from the {Net, Free, Open}BSD web
page(s).  ;-)

Seriously, RH is a nice platform--No OS wars please!  But the folks there have
a tendancy to muck about with the distro and not mention it to anyone.

If you do run with RH, I'd suggest replacing the libpcap with the one from
tcpdump.org and building _every_ thing by hand to make sure it links against
the newer libpcap.

(Yes, the answer is slightly 'tounge-in-cheek', but other folks have given
good URLS for docs on the install.

Cheers!

-----
Erek Adams