[Snort-users] Snort: RedHat 7.2

Brian Ertel bsertel at ...4207...
Mon Jul 8 06:28:03 EDT 2002

Hi,

Can anyone recommend a body of documentation that
describes in detail the installation of Snort on a RedHat
7.2 format?
I have a Snort Installation Manual by Steven Scott, which
by the way looks very nice and well put together, but puts
the sensors on dedicated hardware separate from the database
and ACID console.  I am looking to get it all on one machine.
I am setting it up on a Dell PowerEdge 350 with dual 18 gig
hard drives.  Does anyone have any suggestions?

Regards,

Brian

Brian Ertel
Systems & Networking