[Snort-users] sanity check

Jim Kelly james.m.kelly at ...3092...
Mon Jul 8 06:05:14 EDT 2002

folks
I just need a little sanity checking here...
I've got a cable modem and a linksys dsl/cable modem behind the cable
modem. I've built a snort box with acid and apache...following the entropy
instructions.....Yay;-)

I've assigned the snort box an ip of 192.168.1.5 to the eth0 and plugged it
into the back of the linksys and designated that address as the dmz host.

Now as I understand it the linksys should expose the snort box to the
internet without firewall filtering and I should see some scans from the
script kiddies on the internet....

Am I right here? Or...should I put the eth1 into a hub infront of the linksys?
jim kelly
subscribed to the list under email address james.kelly at ...6258...