[Snort-users] log files?

red z red300zcar at ...131...
Sun Jul 7 20:57:02 EDT 2002

Ok,  thanks for the help guys. I tried to run snort in NIDS mode by doing this:

snort -dev -l log -h 172.16.0.1/10 -c snort.conf

But I got the following error:

"error. can not get write access to logging directory "log." Directory does not exist or permissions are set incorrectly or it is not a directory at all."

Well, /usr/local/bin/snort    is where snort installed on my bsd box.  The FAQs said it is supposed to be in /var/log by default. I assume this is because I'm on bsd?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ryan