[Snort-users] cant get Apache to launch

Ronneil Camara ronneilc at ...4042...
Sun Jul 7 07:34:03 EDT 2002

This applies to any operating system on the same ip address.
This means that, a daemon/process/socket is already listening on port 443 or https.

To verify your current LISTENing sockets, you can use
netstat -na|grep 443

It might be your old httpd still running. If it's not, you can use
the command above. You can also use sockstat|more in freebsd or
lsof in linux.

Just my 2 cents.

Neil