[Snort-users] cant get Apache to launch

James Kelly macubergeek at ...5068...
Sat Jul 6 17:22:07 EDT 2002

First of all I'm totally new at snort, so forgive me if I appear overly
stupid at this point.
I've just built a snort box and have rigorously followed Aidan Carty's
wonderful instructions on the subject.

So far I've completed all the install/configurations per Aidan's
pdf....but I can't seem to get Apache to launch.
I get this error in /usr/local/apache/logs/error_log
[crit] (98Address already in use: make_sock: could not bind to port 443

here are some configs from  /usr/local/apache/conf/httpd.conf

Listen 192.168.1.5:443
Under Dynamic Shared  Object (DSO)  Support section:
<IfDefine SSL>
	Listen 443
</IfDefine SSL>

Port 443

Under SSL support
<IfDefine SSL>
	Listen 443
</IfDefine SSL>

ServerName 192.168.1.5

so can anyone  tell me why apache won't launch? and what this error
means?

jim