[Snort-users] Oinkmaster 0.6

Andreas Östling andreaso at ...236...
Sat Jul 6 09:55:02 EDT 2002

Oinkmaster 0.6 is released, containing only these updates:

- Rules that are disabled by default in the rules distribution
  will now NOT be re-enabled by Oinkmaster by default, finally.
  I.e. "-p" is obsolete. If you want to enable those rules you now
  have to use "-e".
- A couple of minor documentation updates.

I.e., if you're already running v0.5 and don't mind keep using the -p
switch there's really no reason to upgrade, but this will hopefully be
less confusing to possible new users.

Homepage:
http://nitzer.dhs.org/oinkmaster/

Direct download:
ftp://ftp.it.su.se/pub/users/andreas/oinkmaster/oinkmaster-0.6.tar.gz

For those who don't know:

Oinkmaster is simple Perl script to help you update your Snort 1.8+ rules
and comment out the unwanted ones after each update.
It will tell you exactly what had changed since the last update.

Regards,
Andreas Östling