[Snort-users] Email alerts for ACID

Hicks, John JHicks at ...5857...
Thu Jul 4 08:52:06 EDT 2002

All you need to do is make the PHP see a valid SMTP server. THis server
doesn't have to be local, just a useable one. ACID info is avail iin the FAQ
here: http://www.andrew.cmu.edu/~rdanyliw/snort/acid_faq.html#faq_b11

The following lines are to be set up in c:\winnt\php.ini (default location):

	[mail function]
	; For Win32 only.
	SMTP =  [IPADDRESS] ; for Win32 only

	; For Win32 only.
	sendmail_from =  root at ...274... ; for Win32 only

	; For Unix only.  You may supply arguments as well (default:
'sendmail -t -i').
	;sendmail_path =

Obviously, this is setup for Win32 SMTP. I'm not to sure when this file is
in *nix, but it's there somewhere.

HTH,

John Hicks

-----Original Message-----
From: Graham Cooper [mailto:gcooper at ...6246...]
Sent: Thursday, July 04, 2002 5:49 AM
To: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Snort-users] Email alerts for ACID

Hi There,

I am trying to set up email alerting for alerts that are logged from
Snort to MySQL/ACID (on RedHat 7.2).

Do I need to set up Sendmail on the Linux box to send the email alerts
?, also is there configuration required in PHP ?

I can't seem to find any info on this - can anyone point me in the right
direction ?

Regards,

Graham Cooper
Servecast