[Snort-users] sorta new at doing this with snort

Imran William Smith iwsmith at ...487...
Thu Jul 4 00:24:07 EDT 2002

I wrote the following rule to check that checks for POP3 cleartext
passwords, for organisations where corporate policy dictates that cleartext
email passwords are not used.  But you'd have to write a different signature
for each protocol.

alert tcp $HOME_NET any -> $HOME_NET 110 (msg:"INFO POP3 cleartext password"; flags: A+; content: "PASS "; classtype:misc-activity;
sid:1000010; rev:1;)

--
Imran William Smith
Security Products Development