[Snort-users] Demarc and Snort, part 2

Ronnie Clark rsclark at ...6235...
Tue Jul 2 19:11:04 EDT 2002

Hello all,

Well, after my first question, I kept digging. And it seems as though
that when Demarc Puresecure is starting snort, it is starting OK, but
something is amiss. I added some rules for testing, and noticed that the
rule count that was read, did not increase. Is this true for anyone
else?
I also have the same issue with there being two sensors instead of just
the one. Could someone please repost  or email me the fix for this?
And there are no alerts on Demarc, like it is not detecting anything. I
did a test scan and I got not one alert. Was there a fix for this as
well, and could someone repost or email to me this as well?

Thanks again for the help,
Ron Clark