[Snort-users] Help with unbound adapter.

Jason Gauthier jgauthier at ...6155...
Tue Jul 2 06:05:51 EDT 2002

Seems kind of an interesting subject line, but...

Pertinent info:
Snort 1.8
Linux (2.4.18)

Here's what I'm trying to do.

I have a two NICs.

One of them has an IP address on my HOME_NET.
The other, has no IP address.
I mirrored a port on my core router, and plugged it in.
(I got link)

I try to run snort on that interface, and nothing it logged.
I'm pretty sure I'm not running it with the correct parameters:

/opt/snort/bin/snort -i eth1 -D -de -l /var/snort/inside -c
/opt/snort/etc/snort.conf

Which, logs nothing.
I tried adding -v and removed the -D and -l options.
But also, nothing is logged to my terminal session.

Any advice?