[Snort-users] Snort Performance Issues

Abe L. Getchell abegetchell at ...530...
Thu Jan 31 22:02:02 EST 2002

Good evening!

Snort runs the best on Linux, Red Hat Linux 7.2 specifically.  Everyone
here will agree with this, especially Erek Adams. ;-)  No, I'm kidding!
I'm kidding!  We've discussed this _many_ times on the list, and the
best thing to do is probably search through the Snort-Users list
archives located at:

http://www.geocrawler.com/lists/3/SourceForge/4890/0/

Also, for general IDS performance information, a good place to check is
the SecurityFocus Focus-IDS list archives at:

http://www.securityfocus.com/archive/96

Thanks,
Abe

--