[Snort-users] Error loading the DB absraction library

protect protect at ...4597...
Thu Jan 31 12:19:04 EST 2002

It worked fine after re-installed and reconfigured from scratch. I don't
know what mistakes I had made...but followed the same steps for the new
installation/configuration as previous one.

Thanks to you all.

Protect

-----Original Message-----
From: snort-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net
[mailto:snort-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net] On Behalf Of Roman
Danyliw
Sent: Thursday, January 31, 2002 2:10 PM
To: protect
Cc: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Snort-users] Error loading the DB absraction library

"c:/snort/adodb/adodb.inc.php" seems incorrect for the Windows platform.

Update acid_db.inc from CVS, and set $debug_mode = 2 in acid_conf.php.

This new version of the DB abstraction library wrapper has more
debugging
information.  Please send me back the results so that further debugging
can be
done.

Roman

On Wed, 30 Jan 2002 13:10:21 -0500, "protect" <protect at ...4597...> wrote
:

> Hello:
>
> I have installed Snort 1.8.3 with MySQL 3.23.47 + ACID 0.9.6b.19 +
ADODB
> 171 + PHP 4.1.1 + PHPLOT 4.4.6 on Windows 2000 server.
>
> I have configured it by following direction provided at
> www.silicondefense.com, but getting following error while opening
> http://localhost/Acid/Index.html:

> Error Loading the DB abstraction library: from
> "c:/snort/adodb/adodb.inc.php"
> Check the DB abstration library variable $DBlib_path in acid_conf.php
> The underlying database library currently ised is ADODB, that can be
> downloaded at http://php.weblogs.com/adodb.
>
> I have checked acid_conf.php and it has $DBlib_path =
"c:\snort\adodb";