[Snort-users] using Flex resp

Cangi sig. Damiano DCANGI at ...4811...
Thu Jan 31 08:19:07 EST 2002

I've installed snort on my red hat linux ditribution and it works really
good.
Browsing the documentation my attention as been catched by the flex resp
feauture that permits to block bad traffic.
I've installed snort without the --enable-flexresp option in the configure
command.
In the FAQ 5.6 the solution is to run again the ./configure with
--enable-flexresp option and reinstall the software.
the command: ./configure --enable-flexresp worked good, but when I tried to
launch:
#make
I got the message: Nothing to be done for `all'
with the command
#make install
I got the message: make[1]: Entering directory `/snort/snort-1.8.3'
		make[1]: Nothing to be done for `install-exec-am'.
		make[1]: Nothing to be done for `install-data-am'.
		make[1]: Leaving directory `/snort/snort-1.8.3'

How can I reconfigure my software to use the flex response?

Regards