[Snort-users] Cisco IDS blade in Catalys switch

Jason Costomiris jcostom at ...2019...
Wed Jan 30 15:37:03 EST 2002

On Wed, Jan 30, 2002 at 11:09:25AM -0500, Jerry A. Shenk wrote:
: Does anybody know anything about the IDS blade in a Catalyst?  I'm working
: with a company that purchased a Catalyst 6000 switch and an IDS blade but
: they don't have a director anywhere.  Can this thing be used like a span
: port or is there any other use for this thing without buying "Cisco Secure
: Policy Manager (CSPM)" or "Cisco Secure Intrusion Detection Director"?

I believe you need to purchase the Cisco management tools to make it work.

BTW - did you know the Cat6k IDS blade actually runs NT?

--
Jason Costomiris <><           |  Technologist, geek, human.
                    My account, My opinions.