[Snort-users] How much machine do I need to run snort?

Greg Schmidt gschmidt at ...4736...
Wed Jan 30 12:48:06 EST 2002

I have a class B network with with 3 core switches that handle about 20,000 nodes.
How big of a box do I need to handle this?  I am looking at 1 box for each 2 core
switches and a 2 boxes for the main core switch, which has a 90 Mb/s Internet
connection and a 45 Mb/s I2 connection.  Also, can I take the data from the 4
machines, and route it all back to a main "management console"?
Thanks for the help.-
Greg Schmidt, Manager
Network Technology Services - Software Licensing
Washington University in St. Louis
One Brookings Drive, Campus Box 1048
Prince Hall, Room 112
St. Louis, MO 63130
Phone (314) 935-7049   Fax (314) 935-7142
gschmidt at ...4736...     http://sl.wustl.edu