[Snort-users] FW: ISS Alert: Remote Denial of Service Vulnera bility in Snort ID S

Chris Green cmg at ...671...
Tue Jan 29 08:06:09 EST 2002

Andreas Hasenack <andreas at ...1574...> writes:

> But there is no 1.8.4 release in sight. So far, I think two important
> bugs are fixed in CVS:
> - that DoS one
> - the ICMP packet dumps having traces of snort.conf inside them
>
> There is no mention of these bugs at www.snort.org (at least at the
> download page and the main page), people going straight there to
> download the package won't be aware of this.

Brian added
http://www.snort.org/downloads/snort-stable-snapshot.tar.gz and a news
item on the front page today.

Hopefully that will be good enough until 1.8.4 can be released.
--
Chris Green <cmg at ...671...>