[Snort-users] AW: (Snort-users) MySQL Logging ?

sandro.poppi at ...3316... sandro.poppi at ...3316...
Mon Jan 28 23:04:01 EST 2002

Morning Brian,

try to omit the -s command line switch and carefully have a look on the output
when snort starts using the command in a shell:

/usr/bin/snort -A full -i lo -N -c /etc/snort/snort.conf

BTW: You also might want to get portscan alerts in the db in which case you have
to change log to alert as in

output database: alert, mysql, dbname=snort host=localhost ser=snortlog
password=xxxxx sensor_name=mysensor

HTH,
Sandro