[Snort-users] snort log question

Lookman Fazal fazall at ...4715...
Mon Jan 28 14:22:03 EST 2002

Hello All

I read the mailing list from front to end but could not find an answer,
so here is the question

I am running snort 1.8.3 on a linux 2.4.17 machine.

In my snort.conf file, all I have for now is

alert tcp any any -> any 80 (msg:"trying yahoo"; content:"yahoo";)

I am capturing packets by doing

snort -A fast -c snort.conf

It does capture the packets in /var/log/snort directory, however,
instead of the entire output , all I want in my log is
SIP, SPORT, DIP and DPORT and thats it.

Is there a way to have the above information in one txt file for all the
various machines?

Your help will be greatly appreciated

--Fazal