[Snort-users] Output plugins -differences between loggingmethods?

Bob Walder bwalder at ...3902...
Sat Jan 26 03:57:05 EST 2002

Whilst we have had far too many questions that could have been answered by
RTFM recently, I do not believe this is one of them.

Read his original question carefully, the re-read that section of the FAQ
you quoted - it doesn't answer it.

He is asking "since both LOG and ALERT appear to be producing the same
output, why should I use both of them? Except, if I only use LOG then I will
miss port scans....but if I only use ALERT, will I get full packet
contents....? etc, etc, etc"

A common question in my experience but not one I feel qualified to answer
succinctly

Regards,

Bob