[Snort-users] Snort Logging

Saad Kadhi bsdguy at ...4401...
Fri Jan 25 15:41:02 EST 2002

On Thu, 2002-01-24 at 23:17, g00ru wrote:
> Hello I am new to snort and just set up snort and also the database
> logging portion of it, and set my output plugin to log to mysql. My
> question is does snort just log to mysql, or does it log to mysql and
> the default log directory?
it depends on your snort.conf. If you have only one line starting w/
output then it logs only to mysql. It will log portscans to the log
directory you specified if you have sth like:
preprocessor portscan: $HOME_NET 4 3 portscan.log

--
/Saad --  [bsdguy at ...4401...]
[pgp keyid: 35592A6D http://pgp.mit.edu]