[Snort-users] snort rules from snort.org and sourceforge

Brian (Automail) bmc at ...950...
Wed Jan 23 19:43:10 EST 2002

On Wed, Jan 23, 2002 at 08:57:18PM -0600, Ronneil Camara wrote:
> We can download rules from snort.org. We can do cvs from sourceforge.
> Which between the two is frequently updated?
>
> Thanks.

Both.  the signatures from snort.org are maintained in CVS.  We automagicly
pull them once every $REGULARBASIS (don't remember off the top of my head.
once an hour seems right, but not sure) and generate the tgz.

Not very long from now we are going to be adding new features to the signatures
so we will be maintaining the signatures in both CURRENT and SNORT_1_8.  When
that starts happening, there will be two seperate files for sigs available
from snort.org

When this happens, notificataion will be sent to snort-users, snort-sigs and
posted to the website.

-b