[Snort-users] Access denied error in MySQL

protect protect at ...4597...
Wed Jan 23 09:46:08 EST 2002

Hello:

I have snort 1.8.3 + MySQL + ACID running in my ServerFarm. I want to
install another snort on external side i.e. outside firewall using same
MySQL server and ACID server in ServerFarm as Centralized server. I have
successfully installed another database named snortout on MySQL for it
and created another user named outthere and given
INSER,SELECT,CREATE,DELETE on snortout.* to outthere at ...274... rights on
MySQL server.

When I am trying to run snort from outside firewall machine by executing
snort -c c:\snort\snort.conf -l c:\snort\logs -i1 it is giving me
following error:

Database: mysql_error: Access denied for user: '@host130.xyz.com' to
database 'snortout'
Fatal Error, Quitting.

I have configured snort.conf on machine outside firewall for output log
as follows:

Output database: log, mysql, user=outthere dbname=snortout
host=host35.xyz.com sensor_name=DMZ

Host35.xyz.com is FQDN of MySQL centralized database server.
Host130.xyz.com is FQDN of machine out side of Firewall running snort.

Can someone help me out in solving this problem?

Thanks in advance.

Protect