[Snort-users] uncle snort needs you

Martin Roesch roesch at ...1935...
Tue Jan 22 14:25:01 EST 2002

arachNIDS is offline and Max is unavailable, most of the content there
is copyright to Max AFAIK, so barring getting permission from him we
really can't use it.  Additionally, I talked to Max about doing that
(moving arachNIDS to snort.org) before he went away and he expressed
disinterest in having his materials placed on snort.org, so we get to
redo it.

On the up side, we'll get to have a bit more quality control on the
front end with the "dedicated resources" that we have working now
(namely Brian and Ryan), so it's a tradeoff but a worthwhile one (the
info is "owned" by the Snort project instead of a 3rd party).

     -Marty