[Snort-users] Snort+flexresp and "raw socket for libnet"

Tudor Panaitescu tpanaitescu at ...2032...
Tue Jan 22 14:03:05 EST 2002

Definitely yes, builtin the kernel. Still not working. I am recompiling the
kernel right now with packet as module, maybe it'll do the trick.

Thanks,
Tudor

Chris Green <cmg at ...671...> on 01/22/2002 04:31:32 PM

Please respond to snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net

  To:          Tudor Panaitescu/ColorconUS at ...4644...

  cc:          "Ronneil Camara" <ronneilc at ...4042...>,
               snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net

  Subject      Re: [Snort-users] Snort+flexresp and "raw
  :            socket for libnet"

"Tudor Panaitescu" <tpanaitescu at ...2032...> writes:

> This is exactly what I did, downloaded the sources (actually src.rpms),
compiled
> and installed libnet, modified the .spec file to compile only the
> plain+flexresp, compile and install. Unfortunately it doesn't work. Is anybody
> else experiencing the same problem ?

have you enabled packet socket under networking optionss in your
kernel configuration.   libnet on snort.org was compiled with
PF_PACKET
--
Chris Green <cmg at ...671...>
To err is human, to moo bovine.