[Snort-users] Snort+flexresp and "raw socket for libnet"

Chris Green cmg at ...671...
Tue Jan 22 13:32:03 EST 2002

"Tudor Panaitescu" <tpanaitescu at ...2032...> writes:

> This is exactly what I did, downloaded the sources (actually src.rpms), compiled
> and installed libnet, modified the .spec file to compile only the
> plain+flexresp, compile and install. Unfortunately it doesn't work. Is anybody
> else experiencing the same problem ?

have you enabled packet socket under networking optionss in your
kernel configuration.   libnet on snort.org was compiled with
PF_PACKET
--
Chris Green <cmg at ...671...>
To err is human, to moo bovine.