[Snort-users] Snort & Snot

Garbrecht, Frederic FGarbrecht at ...4638...
Tue Jan 22 09:03:04 EST 2002

I believe that later versions of snort ignore snot attacks by design.

Fred

-----Original Message-----
From: bluz [mailto:bluz at ...4636...]
Sent: Tuesday, January 22, 2002 11:43 AM
To: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Snort-users] Snort & Snot

Hi,

I'm sorry if this question has come up before, but I'm new to the list
and couldn't find any mention of this in the archives....

I've been running SNORT 1.83 for a while and it seems to be working
fine.  I just installed SNOT 0.92a and have run multiple RULE files
against SNORT...

The problem is, only a small percentage of SNOT generated attacks is
reported by SNORT on the attacked system.  I'm not sure if the problem
is SNORT or SNOT.

Has anyone had this issue??

THanks in advance,
Rob Williams