[Snort-users] Re: AW: (Snort-users) AW: (Snort-users) Newbie Question..

Edwin Pua edwin1118 at ...125...
Tue Jan 22 03:05:03 EST 2002

Hi Sandro,

   So far there's no error in the program after changing it #!/bin/bash and
upon compiling it.

   But it doesnt send the actual alert file. I mean, i did a simulation test
using nmap to alert my snort box. But the snort-check program didn't send
any email, though i've seen in the snort box using "tail -f
/var/log/snort/alert" file that there's some port scanning going on.

   What will i edit or add in the snort-check program to email the actual
alert files of snort in real time once attacks have been detected by the
snort?

   thanx for ur help.

regards,
Edwin