[Snort-users] Re: Snort loggin into MySQL

Frank Carreiro fcarreiro at ...4629...
Mon Jan 21 08:04:02 EST 2002

Question.

I'm running snort with ACID for my reporting.  ACID is pulling stats
from a mySQL database.  I've selected alerts to be deleted and while the
delete successfully completes I've noticed our disk space in use has not
dropped.

Is there some way to clean out older snort information from the database
cleanly?  I could always go into the database and delete table entries
but won't that screw up the database?  I'm still learning SQL databases.
 Consider me a novice/newbie :-)

Thx