[Snort-users] Snort is too quiet!

sirikanya at ...4625... sirikanya at ...4625...
Mon Jan 21 00:05:02 EST 2002

Hello all,

Hope this hasn't been ask too often but my snort catch no alert at all.
I installed snort 1.8.3 with ACID v0.9.6b19 and there was no error during
installation.
My snort box is Linux 2.4.3, located outside firewall, and I already set my
adapter to promiscuous mode, still nothing happen.

I simply edited a $HOME_NET variable in snort.conf file  and use the
default rules that came with snort itself.
Any suggestion?

Thank you very very much.

P.S. my snort command is
 ./snort -de -h xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/24 -c snort.conf -l /var/log/snort -i eth1
-D

Best Regards,
Sirikanya Buranabunpot
Advanced Business Exchange Co.,Ltd.