[Snort-users] uncle snort needs you

Brian bmc at ...950...
Sat Jan 19 16:06:05 EST 2002

You have received this mail because ... we need your help.

Here's the deal.  There is not a good reference point for alerts snort
keeps popping up in front of people's face.  We, the core snort team, are
working hard to build the best IDS possible, and this is the next step.

So, if you can help us out, we would be forever greatful.  I've built a
signature information database, and we need your help to fill in the blanks.

We need you to help research our signatures.  We are looking to provide our
users with the following information:

   Summary                      Impact
   Detailed Information         Attack Scenarios
   Ease of Attack               Recommended Action
   False Positives              False Negatives