[Snort-users] snort causing kernel-panic ?

Dharmin Parikh dharminparikh at ...125...
Fri Jan 18 12:39:01 EST 2002

Hi !

I am using LRP-oxygen as my linux router. It routes packets perfectly
when I have not installed snort. But when I load the snort module,
it gives me following error message :

kernel panic : skput : over : c014e7cb : 1006 put : 1006 dev : eth0
In swapper task - not syncing.

The linux box just hangs. I just have to give a hardware reboot to restart
the system.

Can anybody guide me as to what may be happening ?
Also if someone could forward his own snort.conf file, it would  be
great !

Thanks,
Dharmin.