[Snort-users] Snort 183 Windows Binary (Flex+MySQL Support)

Michael Steele michaels at ...155...
Fri Jan 18 11:46:06 EST 2002

William,

Make sure you have set the path in the snort.conf for the
classification.config. It looks for it in the same folder that Snort is
in and if you move it you must put the full path in the include
statement for classification.config I the snort.conf file.

-Mike

Commercial Snort Support <<->> 1.866.41.SNORT
  Silicon Defense - www.silicondefense.com
    Home of the new SENTRUS Snort sensor!
  Michael Steele - Snort Support Technician

-----Original Message-----
From: William D. Pool [mailto:locutus at ...4594...]
Sent: Friday, January 18, 2002 8:06 AM
To: Michael Steele
Subject: RE: [Snort-users] Snort 183 Windows Binary (Flex+MySQL Support)

Okay, I'm getting another error it is:

WARNING: command line overrides rules file alert plugin
ERROR: Unable to open rules file: classification.config or
./classification.config

Fatal Error, Quitting..

The file is there and is read/writeable.  Other ideas?

This might sound dumb, but isn't there a way to just have the directory
have everything i Need for 2K and just run snort.exe ?

Thanks,

William D. Pool
www.icephyre.net
GPG Public ID: EE3D7A83			     |
PGP6 Public ID: 065DEF8B
"Reality, is only fiction put into production"

On Wed, 16 Jan 2002, Michael Steele wrote:

> William,
>
> Remove the entire install of Snort and manually install each package.
Be
> absolutely sure that you have removed all of WinPcap prior to
installing
> the latest release, not the BETA! Check our site out for the complete
> installation instructions for Windows.
>
> -Mike
>
> Commercial Snort Support <<->> 1.866.41.SNORT
>   Silicon Defense - www.silicondefense.com
>     Home of the new SENTRUS Snort sensor!
>   Michael Steele - Snort Support Technician

D.
> Pool
> Sent: Wednesday, January 16, 2002 9:39 AM
> To: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
> Subject: [Snort-users] Snort 183 Windows Binary (Flex+MySQL Support)
>

> I've downloaded the Windows binary for Snort 1.8.3 that includes
Flexrp