[Snort-users] Snort install

Austad, Jay austad at ...432...
Fri Jan 18 10:06:07 EST 2002

Also, if you've installed libpcap from source, and done the normal "make
install", it won't show up in the rpm database.  If you want your source
compiled programs to show up in the rpm database, you can get the program
"checkinstall", do a search on freshmeat.net for it.

If you have installed libpcap from source and you know it's on the box, you
can install the snort rpm using:
rpm -ivh --nodeps snort-xxxxxx.rpm

Jay