[Snort-users] AW: (Snort-users) putting mysql on a different computer with

sandro.poppi at ...3316... sandro.poppi at ...3316...
Thu Jan 17 22:06:05 EST 2002

Hi Jeff,

> Hello,
>      I am currently running Snort 1.8 with mysql and acid all on one
> computer running windows NT server.  If I put mysql on
> another server when
> I start snort I always get an error when it tries to access
> the database on
> the remote computer.  I have changed my output line to the ip
> address of
> the new server so I have
>
> output database: log, mysql, username=<username> password=<password>
> dbnam=snort host=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
>
> the error is
> mysql error access denied for user <username>@ip address
> using password:
> YES
>
> I am assuming the YES stands for it is trying to use a
> password, not that
> the password is YES (which would be incorrect.)
>
> If I go into mysql and issue a
> grant INSERT,SELECT,CREATE,DELETE on snort.* to <username>@ipaddress
> mysql will put <username>@ipaddress in the user table
> if I select * from user
> then it show <username>@ipaddress with n in every entry.  I
> am assuming
> this means it really hasn't been granted access.
>
> Does anyone know what I am doing wrong?

Try grant CREATE,INSERT,SELECT,DELETE,UPDATE on snort.* to <username>@ipaddress;
I had the same prob (using linux) when first setting up db logging.

HTH,
Sandro