[Snort-users] How to detect drive letters accessed?

Phil Wood cpw at ...440...
Wed Jan 16 16:12:04 EST 2002

On Wed, Jan 16, 2002 at 06:01:25PM -0500, Sheahan, Paul (PCLN-NW) wrote:

> Thanks Phil. What exactly does "|4b3a5c|" signify? If I want to use
> different drive letters etc, how would this appear in a rule? It would be
> nice to be able to create these myself but I'm not sure how you came up with
> this! Any info would be appreciated!

Attached is a c program which seems to do the trick.  It works like so:

  % ./ccsth 'K:\'
  |4b 3a 5c|
  %

It's ok to have spaces in between the hex for each character.  The rule would
look something like:

alert ... (msg: "oh oh!"; content: "|4b 3a 5c|"; ...)