[Snort-users] Flexresp

Chris Green cmg at ...671...
Wed Jan 16 09:39:06 EST 2002

"Sean T. Ballard" <stballard at ...4587...> writes:

> Does anyone have a white paper on Flexresp? I tried locating more
> info on it at snort.org but found nothing conclusive.  Now flexresp
> is the ability accept or deny access based on the rules file
> correct? any info would be appreciated.

It's the ability to send disruptive packets to the hosts involved.
Since snort isn't in the way of the connections, its not accepting or
denying access.

It's a good try but not something to rely on 100%.
--
Chris Green <cmg at ...671...>
Laugh and the world laughs with you, snore and you sleep alone.