[Snort-users] Snort with Solaris 2.8 Sparc..!!

Erek Adams erek at ...577...
Wed Jan 16 09:07:14 EST 2002

On Wed, 16 Jan 2002 kamesh_rajaram at ...4543... wrote:

>       I have a Solaris 2.8 Sparc server. I want to install snort in that.
> But, the available version of Snort for that is Solaris 2.7(sparc). Can that
> be used...?? Will it create any problems..?? Or, with slight modifications
> can it be used..?? If so, what r the changes..??

Download the tarball, uncompress, untar, cd into the snort-1.8.3 directory,
./configure && make && make install (as root).

Should work fine.  If you need a .pkg for it, roll your own.  Check out the
contrib directory, there's a script that will packagize the snort binaries for
you to ship out.

Cheers!

-----
Erek Adams